Archive for the ATV tag


Importing Motorcycles and OHVs

Rider Information

Both MMIC and COHV receive many calls from Canadians wishing to import motorcycles (including enclosed motorcycle, open motorcycle, limited-speed motorcycle or motor tricycle), and restricted-use motorcycles (including all-terrain vehicles, off-road motorcycles) into Canada from foreign countries. Many of these potential importers are surprised to learn that there are regulations that must be met as a condition of admitting these vehicles into Canada. The Motor Vehicle Safety Act and regulations administered by Transport Canada establish the safety standards for vehicles manufactured and imported into Canada. The Canadian Environment Protection Act 1999 and regulations administered by Environment Canada establish the exhaust emission standards for vehicles manufactured and imported into Canada,

A Quick Guide to Importing Motorcycles Under the On-Road Vehicle and Engine Emission Regulations

Emission standards for on-road motorcycles are governed under the On-Road Vehicle and Engine Emission Regulations (Regulations) established under the authority of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999). The Regulations have been streamlined to enable acceptance of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification as a means of demonstrating compliance with Canadian emission standards in recognition of the fact that many motorcycle models are offered for sale in both Canada and the United States during the same period.


Open Road® Motorcycle Insurance

Insurance Programs

Open Road Motorcycle Insurance Logo

You ride.  We ride. The Open Road program was designed to provide an easy, cost effective means to acquire insurance for you, the motorcyclist.

Open Road Motorcycle Insurance is the only insurance program endorsed by all of the major motorcycle distributors in Canada. This program is owned by Power Sports Services (PSS). PSS is a subsidiary of the Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council (MMIC) and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV).

“Insurance for motorcyclists by motorcyclists” what does that mean? It means Open Road’s goal is to offer you more choice to get you lower insurance premiums. Save you money with friendly, helpful service.

For convenience and additional discounts you have the option to add your home and automobile policies. Open Road insures you – the motorcyclist, not just the motorcycle. This means we can insure your street bike, dirt bike, ATV and Side-by-Side plus your home and your other automobile. Adding other coverage opens the door to more insurance companies that would prefer to insure your bike as part of a greater portfolio. This can lead to greater savings!

My Insurance Brokers (MIB) are the licensed professionals that facilitate the Open Road program and provide you with the exceptional service they are renowned for.

Visit the Open Road website to get a quote!


Commercial Insurance Program

Insurance Programs

Power Secure Pac
MMIC’s Commercial Insurance Program

The Power Secure Pac is a comprehensive commercial insurance program exclusively for MMIC members and their dealers, tailor-made for your needs.

The program is underwritten by Federated Insurance one of the most trusted names in the commercial insurance business. Think of the Federated Insurance team as your personal risk management department. Federated Field Risk Analysts and their Loss Prevention Consultants will work directly with you. You will know who to go to for answers and support.

Their services include:

  • Loss prevention service
  • Annual insurance review
  • Individual insurance programming
  • Convenient payment plan options
  • Prompt and fair claims service

Click here to Request a quote from Federated Insurance